- Why do I need to make an appointment to try on wedding gowns?
In order to give you the full attention of our experienced consultants, appointments are necessary.
- How long is my appointment?
Bridal gown appointments are 1.5 hours. During sample sales, the appointments are one hour.
- What should I bring to my appointment?
Bring pictures of dresses you’ve seen on our website, in magazines, or on-line. And bring an open mind: don’t be surprised if you find “the dress” on your first visit to Mira Bridal Couture. We have undergarments for you to use when you try on gowns but you may be comfortable in your own strapless bra.
- Who should I bring to my appointment?
Bring the closest friend or family member whose opinion you value and who knows you well and with whom you want to share the experience of buying your gown. Bringing more than 3 others can take the focus off of you. Since we are not a department store we can not cater to large parties in the bridal suite. We also need to make room for all our brides and their guests in our private bridal area so each bridal sitting area will have 2-3 chairs. We love kids, but we ask that you leave them with a sitter. Our bridal salon is not child proof and it is not a fun place for them to be. It can also be distracting to you and other brides as you will want to focus on how you want to look on your wedding day.
- What size gowns are available for me to try on?
Most of our samples are the traditional sample size, which is between 10-12. We also carry several gowns from sizes 6-8 and 14-18 and are now thrilled to announce our curvy selection of sizes 20-26. Our consultants can work with brides no matter their curves. Our designers will make your gown closest to your size ranging from sizes 0-32.
- May I take pictures of the gowns while I try them on?
We do not allow cameras while you are shopping. Due to the exclusivity and copyright of the designers that we carry, we are unable to allow photography of the dresses. When you find your dream gown and purchase your gown, feel free to take as many pictures as you wish, then it is your gown! We want to make sure we use your appointment time efficiently to find you the perfect wedding dress. It is also a good idea to ask your friends/family not to take photos to ensure they do not accidentally post to a social network; we wouldn’t want your future spouse to see the wedding dress before the big day.
- When should I order my veil and/or headpiece?
Special-order designer veils have a 3-4 months lead-time, so making a decision at the time you order your gown is helpful.
- Can I complete my entire look in one appointment?
Absolutely! Not only do many brides find their dress on their first visit to our salon, but they also find all their accessories (veils, headpieces, shoes, jewelry etc) on their first visit.
- Do I need to make an appointment to look at accessories?
You may walk in at any time to try on shoes or jewelry Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday; Appointments are required on Saturdays. Appointments are required for all veils and headpieces any day of the week. Click here for store hours .
- How far in advance do I need to buy my gown?
It’s best to allow 6-9 months before your wedding to order a gown.
- What is a special-order gown?
Most of the gowns we sell are special-order. A special-order gown is made specifically for you by a designer, based on the measurements we take from you, the designer then uses their pattern that is closest to your measurements to create your gown. We then partner you with a seamstress that will fit it to perfection for your body. Special order gowns are non-refundable and not returnable.
- When should I expect to receive my gown?
Your gown typically arrives within 4-6 months from the date you order. The dress is delivered to us directly from the designer and we perform a thorough quality control check on each gown. Once we are satisfied the gown is perfect, we’ll call you to schedule a first fitting, arrange shipping and final payment.
- How do I pay for my gown?
We accept MasterCard, and Visa, as well as cash and personal checks. (Personal checks are only accepted for deposit, not final payment)
If you are ordering a special-order gown, we require a non-refundable 60% deposit at the time you order your gown. When the gown arrives at Mira Bridal Couture and passes our quality control check, we’ll contact you to let you know and to schedule a fitting. At that point, we require payment of the remaining 40% balance. All special orders are final sales and can not be canceled, returned, or refunded.
If you are buying a sample gown off the rack, we require 100% payment and you must take the dress home with you that day.
If you’ve requested that we ship your gown out of state, your balance must be paid for in full before it can be shipped.
- What are the price ranges for your gowns?
Our special-order gowns start at $900, but are more frequently in the $1500 range or higher. Off-the-rack samples can be much less, discounted up to 70% off.
We have reserved parking spaces behind our building. Monday-Friday you may park on the surrounding streets for up to 1 hour between 11am-4:30pm. After 4:30pm and on weekends there are no parking restrictions on the surrounding streets.
- Can I bring children to my appointment? Although we love children, they are not allowed in the store. Child safety is our priority. At this time, our bridal boutique is not intended for children. We ask that you to make other arrangements for them during your appointment time. Please call to reschedule your appointment if childcare issues arise.
- Should I look for my bridesmaids dresses on the same day? We would recommend making one appointment to try on bridal gowns and another appointment to try on bridesmaids dresses. We would suggest you focus on your wedding gown first with your mom and then have your bridesmaids come to focus on the bridesmaid dress on a different day. Its always easier to find a bridesmaid dress after you have chosen your bridal gown. PLUS, once you order your gown we will share all of the exciting benefits you will receive for becoming one of Mira’s VIB’s! (Very Important Bride) Your entire wedding party will save!
- When should we select our suit or tuxedos? Typically we would recommend booking your order a minimum of 6 months before your wedding. We would like all the wedding party members measured a minimum of 2-3 months prior to the wedding date. Although we can get tuxedos in as little as two weeks, we do not recommend that time frame and can not guarantee the order. Orders are sent in after everyone has been measured. Any wedding party members who live out of town may go to a professional bridal salon or formal wear store and have their measurements taken. Measurements can then be submitted through our website.
- In an effort to protect the integrity of our store, our gowns and designers, and other brides and their important day, please do not bring the following to your bridal appointment: food or drinks including baby or toddler bottles, children, strollers, cameras, more than 2-3 guests, or anything else that may be distracting during this very important appointment.